December 15, 2014

#Blogmas Day 15: Rimmel Make-Up Haul

When it comes to high street/drugstore make-up I think it's quite difficult to beat Rimmel based on quality and price. I'm yet to buy a bad product from them. They do a whole range of beauty items from mascaras and eye liners to foundations and BB creams. If you want options, you want Rimmel. 
I went into superdrug the other day and they had three for two on all Rimmel cosmetics so naturally I took the offer!

Rimmel Wonder'full Mascara
Hands down the best mascara I own. It has argan oil in it which means it never feels heavy or dry, your lashes feel completely moisturised. It has a plastic brush which I'm normally not a huge fan of but I have to say it coats and separates every lash individually and definitely makes them look fuller.

Rimmel 9-in-1 BB Cream in Light
This is the ideal solution to not wearing foundation because it has a relatively good level of coverage. It reminds me of the La Roche Posay CC cream. They're a similar texture and seem to do pretty much the same thing but Rimmel is half the price! I think I'll wear this a lot more in the summer months especially because of the high spf but also because of its summery scent.

Rimmel Colour Rush Balm in Give Me A Cuddle
I'm not thrilled with this colour balm mainly because I think I may have picked up the wrong shade. I was looking for something I can have in my bag if I just want a light lip pick-me-up, however this doesn't quite fit that description. Don't be fooled by the word 'balm'. These are actually quite pigmented which I normally would never complain about. Give me a cuddle is a little too barbie pink for me but I'd love to try this in a dark red shade as I would imagine they're a great alternative to a lipstick.

Rimmel Stay Blushed in Sunkissed Cherry
I rarely use powdered blush just because I don't think they look great on my skin. Consequently, I have quite the collection on liquid and cream blushes. I've only used this twice so far but my first impression is I have to use very little as there is a lot of pigmentation in a tiny amount. It blends really easily and I love this shade. Personally, I think it should be called sunkissed peach as it has quite orange undertones but that won't stop me repurchasing it...if I ever finish this tube!

Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in 063 Eastend Snob
Rimmel Exaggerate Eye Definer in 261 Noir
I've grouped these two together which may seem a little odd considering they're for completely different things but they actually work in a similar way. Eastend Snob is my latest go-to lip liner (don't worry, I'm not pulling a Kylie Jenner). The formula of both of these products is pretty much waterproof and both have strong colour payoff too. I would recommend both of these for any make up bag simply because they do exactly what you would expect and they're budget friendly too.

Are there any rimmel products you're loving at the moment that I should know about?
Tomorrow I'm talking about my top three lip products at the moment which may or may not include a rimmel product again!
Brontë xo