December 16, 2014

#Blogmas Day 16: TTT Current Lip Favourites

Top three Tuesday this week is my current lip favourites. Recently I've started to use a lot more of lip related products as I used to think because I have quite bright lips already that no colours really showed up that well. Whilst in America this summer I started using all sorts of drugstore cosmetics. I'm a total lip convert now. My most recent favourites are all quite Autumn/Winter so hopefully there is something here for everyone.

Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate Moss in 08
I myself don't own Mac Velvet Teddy but I have it on good authority that this is a completely dupe for it. All of the Kate Moss/Rimmel lipsticks have a great formula. They've recently released a lot of new shades and a couple of matte ones too which I'm excited to try out over the holidays. The shade 08 is very wearable for everyday but also has enough impact to wear at night too. If you lightly blend this colour it can create a really good "your lips but better" look. My one complaint is that they don't have names, only numbers as far as I can tell.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick in 870 Shocking Coral
I originally bought this for the summer months but I actually really love wearing orangey tones through winter too when I don't want to wear something berry! These lipsticks from Maybelline have such a creamy formula and are without a doubt some of the most pigmented drugstore lipsticks ever. I love the packaging too. The bright cover gives you a rough indication of what's inside. This is perfect if you're in a rush and need to pick something up for on the go application.

E.L.F Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Cherry Tart (online it is just called Cherry)
I really didn't want to like these mainly because I hate the little sponge applicators but I have fallen in love with them anyway. They are, in brief, a liquid lipstick but they just look so great on. I don't understand it! The formula is ever so slightly sheer which makes for an easier and quicker application but they last for hours without moving or loosing their colour. I love this red shade too as its a great alternative to applying red lipstick because these are so ridiculously simple.

(Swatches L to R) E.L.F Cherry Tart, Maybelline Shocking Coral, Rimmel 08

Which is your favourite of the three, have you used any of these before?

Brontë xo