December 02, 2014

#Blogmas Day 2: TTT Wardrobe Essentials

Top Three Tuesday this week is focussing on my favourite winter wardrobe essentials.

1. In my opinion, for winter you need to start by getting yourself a decent coat/cape to last all season which is comfortable but also versatile. Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with a camel trench coat: they're a classic and they go with pretty much everything. 

This season I picked mine up from H&M (which for some reason isn't online, similar here and here) and I have to say it is one of the best purchases I've made. Mine was £25 and I'm certain it's still available in stores. The little leatherette details make it look much more expensive and it has a bit of a burberry feel to it! Yet another bonus, camel matches with pretty much everything. The only thing I will say is make sure you get the right shade of camel as for us blondes they can often wash you out if they're too pale. 

...


2. Ankle boots don't need that much of an explanation when it comes to winter. I myself have a tan pair and a black pair so I'm covered on all fronts this season. With a slight heel, they also give me that added extra bit of height which is vital for me being 5'2"!

 My black pair are from boohoo and I've found some other alternatives from new look and asks which I'm coveting. My tan ones are last season new look so there are some similar ones here and here

...


3. And finally SCARVES. I don't even know where to start because I'm an addict, but for winter it has to be tartan. Currently I can pretty much always be found with my boohoo red-ish/purple tartan scarf.

It isn't an itchy knit and it is so freaking cosy. For a slightly different take, I bought my friend Becca (who, by the way, you should definitely check out her blog) a scarf from Forever 21 (similar) back from California which is more of a check knit.

Check back tomorrow for my Tiger Haul from the UK, which will hopefully give you some inspiration of what you can actually find in store.

Bronte xo